- 1 cup dried white beans
- 1 cup dried black eyed peas
- 1 cup dried lima beans
- 8 cups water
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 pounds chicken breast, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced (remove the seeds and vein for a milder heat)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rinse the dried beans.
- Place the beans in a slow cooker with water. Set temperature to low.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, sauté onions, garlic, chicken, and jalapeno in vegetable oil for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add spices and corn to the slow cooker.
- Let cook for 9-11 hours or overnight
Serve with avocado, cilantro, sour cream, shredded cheese, or your favorite chili toppings.