Spending time outside no matter what the weather, naturally improves your health; what’s better than that! There’s something soothing about being outside. One cannot deny that the fresh scents of nature are calming to your mind and body. There is no question that the heat of the summer can make the attempts of outdoor activity less motivating. But becoming aware of all of the health benefits may give you that extra little push to head outside.
While on your walk outside make sure you take in those big deep breaths of fresh air. Fresh air supplies us with a strong flow of oxygen which is extremely important for our brains. The best air to breathe in is typically around plants, trees, rivers, waterfalls oceans and right after a thunderstorm. Everyone needs fresh air, especially if you are sick or your body is in a stage of healing or repairing.
Here are just some of the benefits that you can naturally gain from being outside:
- Helps the airways of your lungs dilate
- Improves the cleansing process of your lungs
- Helps improve you heart rate and blood pressure rate
- Helps your immune system fight off disease more effectively
- Stimulates your appetite and will help digest your food better
- Improves concentration because your mind is clear
Many people go on their daily walks to keep up with their physical health. However, changing up the scenery and taking a walk in peaceful and natural settings can help reduce stress levels by giving individuals a sense of connectivity to themselves. The feeling of “escaping” is relaxing yet exciting and may help rid the pressures of the day. A more relaxed state of mind leads to various healthy achievements. It does not take long, only a ten minute walk and you are on your way to a healthier you! Just an easy low-impact walk is all you need; it does not have to be vigorous by any means. The long, steady pace will help you ease into a higher level of conditional strength and overall health. Walking is the most inexpensive and simplest ways to exercise; start today!
Some of the Possible Benefits of Walking:
- Staying strong and fit
- Helps you feel more energetic
- Helps you sleep better
- Improves self-esteem
- Weight management
- Lower levels of cholesterol
- Reduces risk or manages type 2 diabetes
- Reduces your risk of heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and colon cancer
- Protects against falling and bone fractures in older adults
- Helps control joint swelling and discomfort from arthritis