- 25 all-purpose meatballs (frozen is ok)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar loosely packed
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 1/4 cups pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 small peppers (red, green) chopped (optional)
- 1 cup drained small pineapple chunks
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Rice for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup and two cups of the pineapple juice. Bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch and remaining ¼ cup pineapple juice together in a separate small bowl. Use a whisk to remove any lumps.
- Whisk the cornstarch combination into your skillet. Add the meatballs and chopped peppers. Bring to a simmer and then over and cook 8-10 minutes (until the meatballs are heated through and the sauce thickens).
- Stir in pineapple chunks.
- Serve over rice and garnish with parsley to taste.