- 1 cup sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 burger buns
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the sweet potato and cook until tender. Drain and transfer to a food processor or blender. Add in the cannellini beans, bread crumbs, egg, lemon zest and spices. Pulse until everything is well incorporated.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and divide into 4 equal portions. Form into patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Transfer each patty onto a burger bun and add your favorite toppings!
Dress it up:
These burgers pair perfectly with your favorite burger toppings. Here we used pea sprouts, spinach and radishes!