- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved and diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring vegetable broth to a boil. Stir in couscous and remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, onion and parsley. Stir in couscous.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice and seasoning. Pour over the couscous mixture and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until chilled.