- 2 medium spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded.
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups cremini mushrooms, washed, stems removed, sliced
- 1, 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes, or to taste
- 12 leaves fresh basil
- 4 tbsp parmesan (or your favorite!) cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 400°F. Drizzle squash halves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place
squash cut-side down and bake for 45-50 minutes until tender.
• While the squash roasts, add 1 tbsp of oil to a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the onion
and cook for 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms. Stir until browned and cooked through. Add garlic, stir
to combine. Add white beans, cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, stir to combine and lower heat to a
simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside.
• Once the squash has cooled enough to handle it safely, scrape the inside with a fork to loosen the
strands. Transfer the strands to the pan with tomato sauce and toss to combine. Season with crushed
red pepper and salt to taste. Divide the mixture into the squash shells and sprinkle with parmesan
cheese and garnish with basil. Enjoy!