- 2 ounces rice vermicelli
- 8 rice wrappers (8.5 inch diameter)
- 8 large cooked shrimp – peeled, deveined and cut in half
- 1 1/3 tablespoons chopped fresh Thai basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 leaves lettuce, chopped
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped peanuts
- Boil rice vermicelli 3 to 5 minutes in a medium saucepan. Drain when finished.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water and dip one wrapper for a few seconds to soften. Lay wrapper flat and place 2 shrimp halves, a handful of vermicelli, cilantro, basil, mint and lettuce in a row across the center of wrapper. Leave 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and chili sauce in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the hoisin sauce and peanuts.
- Serve with fish sauce and hoisin sauce mixtures.