- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian spice blend
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan or cast iron skillet, sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil until the onion is translucent. Season with salt, pepper, and spices.
- Add the tomatoes and your preferred hot sauce to taste. Allow the mixture to cook for 7-10 minutes to thicken.
- Using your spatula or the back of a large spoon, create wells in the mixture and carefully crack one egg into each well. Cover the pan and allow the eggs to cook until the whites are completely opaque.
- That’s it! This ultimately easy dinner for breakfast is ready to serve!