- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2-3 cups mashed potatoes, prepared
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: 1 cup shredded cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and carrots and cook until tender. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Sprinkle flour, oregano, salt and pepper over the mixture. Allow to cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, corn and peas and bring to a simmer. Stir and cook until thickened.
- Ladle the mixture into four separate serving bowls and and top with the mashed potatoes.
Serving suggestion: Top with your favorite shredded cheese and broil until golden brown.