- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 6 cups milk or your favorite milk alternative
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, milk, granulated sugar, vanilla bean, orange juice and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat while stirring. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the rice is tender and most of the liquid has absorbed. Stir occasionally, this should take about 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Discard the vanilla bean. Stir in the pumpkin purée.
- Serve warm, sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon if desired.