Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Serving Size: 2/3 cup
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat
- 1/2 lb pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp olive oil
• Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat until hot, add the cinnamon stick and
stir-fry for 10 seconds. Add diced onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes allowing the onions to
• Add the bulgur, chopped pumpkin, and salt, stir-fry for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth and
bring to a boil.
• Cover the saucepan with a lid and reduce heat to a simmer, cooking for an additional 30
• Remove the lid after 30 minutes and quickly cover with a clean dishcloth, return the lid.
Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
• Fluff gently and garnish with parsley before serving.