Ingredients: (Serves four)
- ½ pound of penne pasta
- 5 cups of broccoli
- 2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 10 cloves of garlic (sliced thin)
- ½ cup of low sodium, chicken or vegetable broth
- Zest of one lemon (grated)
- Cook the pasta as directed adding the broccoli a few minutes prior to completion of cooking. Drain pasta, broccoli and set aside.
- Sauté the sliced garlic and oil for two minutes (until it starts to color) in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Pour in the broth and let boil. Simmer until the liquid has reduced by about half (make sure to stir regularly to keep garlic from sticking to pan).
- Add the pasta, broccoli, tomatoes and lemon zest and stir through until heated.