1) The heart has a busy job; each day, it pumps 2,000 gallons of blood through the circulatory system each day.
2) Surprising as it might sound, your body contains roughly 60,000 miles of blood vessels.
3) Just how hard does your heart work? Consider that the heart organ does twice the work of a sprinter’s leg muscles.
4) You might associate electricity with light bulbs, but an electrical system actually manages the beating of your heart. This system is known as the cardiac conduction system.
5) Heart disease goes way back. Exactly how far back, you might ask? Well, a 3,500 year old Egyptian mummy is believed to be the earliest known case of heart disease on the planet.
6) If you need another reason to not like Mondays, here it is – more heart attacks occur on Monday than on any other day of the week.
7) Believe or not, your heart benefits from laughter. Specifically, laughing simultaneously reduces stress and bolsters the immune system.
8) Care to guess which mammal owns the largest heart? The answer to that question would be the whale.
9) It may sound crazy, but it is actually possible to die from a broken heart. Fortunately, such a scenario is extremely rare.