- 5 cups asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and immediately plunge into ice water; drain and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the shrimp, and toss to combine.
- Spread the shrimp and asparagus out in one layer on a non-stick sheet pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until shrimp are done. Serve immediately, and enjoy!