Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 hearts romaine lettuce, halved lengthwise
- 6 black figs, quartered
- 1 oz goat cheese (or your favorite soft cheese)
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
• Cut the romaine hearts lengthwise and brush both sides with olive oil.
• Heat a grill pan to medium-high heat and place the romaine hearts cut-side down on the grill for three minutes. Flip and cook an additional three minutes on the other side. Remove from grill and set aside. The romaine hearts should maintain their shape, you’re just looking for a slight wilt and charred leaves.
• Lightly brush the grill with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray, and place the figs cut-side down for one minute. Flip and cook for an additional 30 seconds until warmed through.
• Sprinkle figs over romain hearts and crumble goat cheese over top.