- 2 cups thawed frozen peas
- 1 cup packed kale, leaves torn and stems removed
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds wild salmon, cut into 4 portions
- Salt and pepper
- Make the pesto:
- In a food processor, add peas, kale, spinach, garlic, walnuts.
- Turn on the food processor and slowly drizzle in the oil until the pesto reaches desired consistency. Finish with lemon juice and pulse to combine.
- Set aside.
- Cook the salmon:
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon to the skillet and cook 2 to 4 minutes per side. Tip: turn the salmon only once to avoid breaking it apart.
- Serve the salmon with pesto over top.
- Add extra chopped walnuts if desired.
This dish pairs perfectly with a fresh spring salad or spiralized vegetables!