Serving size: 1 pear
- 8 firm, small (stem-on) peeled pears
- 4 cups water
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 strip orange zest
- 1 strip lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 passion fruit tea bag
- 2 ¾ cups cranberries
- Place pears in saucepan; cover with approximately 4 cups water. Add honey, sugar, orange and lemon zest, lemon juice and cinnamon stick.
- Remove seeds from vanilla bean pod. Add seeds, pod and tea bag to pan.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil while stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add cranberries; return mixture to a simmer until cranberries burst (about 3 minutes).
- Discard tea bag. Carefully place ingredients in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Discard zest, pod, and cinnamon stick. Serve 1 pear with cranberries and liquid in a bowl.