- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if you want an extra kick!)
- 4 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- In your slow cooker, combine the garlic, bell pepper, tomatoes, chicken, vegetable or chicken stock, onion, cheese, and spices.
- Cook on high for 3-1/2 hours or on low for 7 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts and coarsely shred and return to the slow cooker.
- Add the pasta and continue to cook for 30 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- If your soup becomes too thick after the pasta has been added, you can stir in additional broth or water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately.