Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Serving size: 2 pepper halves
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 4 large red bell peppers halved with seeds removed
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 small summer squash, halved and sliced
- 1 small zucchini, halved and
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 black olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (or another flavorful cheese of your choice!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil to drizzle
• In a large bowl, combine the sweet onion, summer squash, zucchini, tomatoes and
olives. Add the feta and basil, season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with olive oil
and fold to mix.
• Spoon the mixture into the pepper halves. Grill over indirect heat or a hot oven (400
degrees Fahrenheit) for 35 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Serve as a vegetable side to your favorite grilled entrée or as the vegetarian entrée!