A favorite at the holiday dinner table! This hearty and healthier version is sure to satisfy.
Sprinkle with your favorite herbs to add a pop of flavor and color.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups of fresh cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp of half-and-half
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
• Bring a large pot of water to boil.
• Add potato and cauliflower and return to boil.
• Reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
• Remove from heat, strain out all of the water, and dump into a large bowl.
• Add the remainder of the ingredients to the bowl of cauliflower and potatoes. Mash
until completely blended, or use a food mill for fine puréed texture.