For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon or Whole Grain Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Skewers:
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 yellow squash sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 red onion, cut into 1inch cubes
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1inch squares
- 1 pint baby portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Add all the vegetables to the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Skewer vegetables, alternating between different vegetables. Reserve remaining vinaigrette.
- Place skewers on the grill for 5-8 minutes, turning until the vegetables have browned and begin to soften.
Serving Suggestion: Place skewers atop fresh greens for a warm vegetable salad and spoon the remaining vinaigrette over top.