- 1 package whole wheat or whole grain cavatapi, cooked to package instructions
- 2 cups butternut squash, boiled and pureed
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (optional)
- To prepare the sauce, stir squash, milk and yogurt in a large pan. Place over medium-high heat. When the mixture begins to simmer, add in cheeses and stir to combine. The sauce will begin to thicken as the cheese is added. If the sauce is too thick,
slowly add vegetable broth until it reaches desired consistency. Add spices and season with salt and pepper.
- Slowly add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir until combined. Transfer mixture to a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.