- 16 ounces fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Steam broccoli until tender. Let cool.
- Process steamed broccoli in a processor until smooth, about 30 seconds (you may also hand chop or use a potato masher if you don’t have a food processor).
- Mix processed broccoli, bread crumbs, cheese and eggs in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture onto parchment lined pan. Flatten into a large rectangle and use a rubber spatula to cut that into 8 sticks. Lastly, half each of these sticks to create 16 total.
- Bake both sides of the sticks for 15 minutes each (total of 30 minutes). Of course you may bake longer if you like them crispier.
- Serve immediately with your favorite marinara sauce to dip (optional).