A simple apple cider and curry sauce adds tremendous flavor to this seasonal dish!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled & cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
• In a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, garlic, and onions. Microwave on high for one to
two minutes until the onions have softened. Pour mixture into crockpot to cover bottom. Lay
chicken breasts atop onions.
• Whisk apple cider, nutmeg, and curry powder in a small bowl. Pour mixture over chicken. Add
salt and pepper as desired.
• Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Add apples, and cook for an additional 40-50 minutes until apples
are tender and chicken is cooked through.
• In a small bowl, mix broth, vinegar and cornstarch in a small bowl and stir into the liquid within
the crockpot. Cook on high, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes until sauce is bubbly and
Serve atop your choice of rice or with a side of vegetables for a delicious meal!