Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 65 minutes
Total time: 1 hr 20 mins
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 large butternut squash (about 3 lbs.), peeled and cubed
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, an diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish (optional)
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large roasting pan, toss squash, onion, apples, garlic,
and sage with olive oil to coat. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Roast in the
oven for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until the vegetables are caramelized
• Transfer the vegetables with 2 cups of vegetable stock to a food processor and
puree until smooth. Repeat in batches until all vegetables and broth is pureed.
Transfer to a pot and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds for added texture and flavor!